The Frame Stiffener plug-in has been developed to allow Autodesk® Inventor® users to easily place and edit stiffener plates in I-Beams and Channels generated by Frame Generator. Placed stiffeners can be updated automatically when you update the beam using the ‘Edit with Frame Generator’ command.
The tool can be downloaded from here for $3,99 per month or $39,99 per year.
When adding stiffeners, a preview is shown in green. In the menu, you can change the stiffeners configuration.
The dimensions shown in the image on the right are the dimensions that can be customized. You can also choose between a chamfer, a rathole or a filleted corner.
- Adding stiffeners in any I-Beam or Channel.
- It is possible to place stiffeners in multiple beams at the same time.
- Stiffeners will be constrained to two beam planes, the constraint in the beam direction has to be applied manually.
- The tool works for both sloped flanges and parallel flanges.
- No duplicate parts will be placed in the assembly.
- The tool checks for ‘similar’ stiffeners in the assembly using the Beam ID and the stiffener configuration.
- Also, sub-assemblies are checked.
- Quickly editing existing stiffeners.
- Right-click on the stiffener or press the ‘edit stiffeners’ command.
- Multiple stiffeners can be edited at the same time.
- Automatic updating when replacing frame generator beams (does not work for profiles from content center).
- As long as the target beam is also an I or U section the stiffener will be updated.
- Make sure to enable the auto-updating setting.
- Prompt can be disabled in the settings.
- Customizable settings
- Change the part template.
- Change default configuration.
- Link stiffener parameters to template parameters.
- Change saving directory.
- Edit file naming defaults.